VSC 1200: An advanced polyurethane industrial maintenance coating with superior long term performance
US Coatings is excited to introduce a new 2K polyurethane finish and surface-tolerant epoxy mastic system that outperforms competing systems in almost every way—at no added cost.
Developed by Valentus Specialty Chemicals, the VSC 1200 Topcoat and VSC 1100 Primer are more durable, sustainable and productive on the job. This improved performance is thanks to the groundbreaking Tetrashield™ protective resin developed by Eastman Chemical Company.
High-performance industrial maintenance coating system
VSC 1200 Topcoat and VSC 1100 Primer represent the next-generation of heavy-duty industrial maintenance coatings. Owners will like the system’s superior asset protection for the price while contractors will enjoy the ease of use of this system leading to a lower overall cost of ownership for industrial asset owners. The performance-driven marriage of the VSC 1100 primer and the Tetrashield-enhanced VSC 1200 finish is a winning combination in the fight against corrosion with an attractive maintenance price tag.
VSC 1200 Topcoat
VSC 1200 Topcoat is a hard, tough and extremely durable two-part (4:1) solvent-based topcoat developed by Valentus Specialty Coatings using Eastman Chemical Company’s Tetrashield™ protective resin. Tetrashield ™ is the breakthrough at the heart of this heavy-duty industrial maintenance coating that provides the following advantages:
- Consistent film build and easier application.
- Exceptional adhesion.
- Outstanding weathering, including superior gloss and color retention over standard acrylic-polyurethanes.
- Contractor-friendly with longer pot life and shorter dry time compared to traditional acrylic coating systems.
- Wide latitude application conditions with long recoat time, fast dry to the touch and faster through cure even at lower temperatures.
- Environmentally-friendly formula uses high-solids formulation that requires no thinning solvents, thus reducing VOC emissions.
VSC 1100 Primer
VSC 1100 Primer is a two-part (4:1) epoxy mastic exhibiting outstanding wetting properties (for less than ideal surface preparation) and excellent film hardness for long term durability. Performance testing shows that it vastly outperforms competing primers. It boasts the following key qualities:
- Superior adhesion to a wide range of surfaces, including steel, aluminum and concrete.
- Exceptional corrosion resistance.
- Superior wetting properties to perform even on marginally-prepared surfaces.
- Lower-temperature cure.
- Accepts a wide variety of weathering or chemical-resistant finishes.
Eastman Tetrashield™: Breakthrough protective resin
With the advanced Tetrashield™ protective resin at its core, VSC 1200 Topcoat provides more flexibility in application while providing superior performance in harsh environments over the long term.
The resin responsible for the superior performance has its origins elsewhere in the chemical industry. Before there was Tetrashield™, there was Tritan™—a BPA-free TMCD polyester Eastman developed that offered enhanced clarity, toughness, chemical resistance and impact strength for products used in medical, household and retail applications.
Eastman chemists then developed the Tetrashield™ resin to provide in the coatings industry the benefits that Tritan™ offered for consumer products. The result is a heavy-duty industrial maintenance coating that exhibits premium performance without a premium price. Coating projects are shorter, the coating dries faster and critical assets are put back in service sooner—and that keeps costs in check.
Find out more about how industrial coating projects can be made easier by reading our guide to a painless painting project. If you want to have a conversation about an upcoming job and whether the VSC 1200 Topcoat / 1100 Primer system is right for your site, let’s talk.