US Coatings offers prefabricated hazardous material storage buildings
US Coatings is enhancing customers’ ability to comply with hazardous material storage and containment requirements by offering prefabricated hazardous material storage buildings.
Industrial firms rely on these structures to safely store dangerous corrosive, flammable, combustible or other hazardous materials that they must keep in or near their facilities.
US Coatings offers a wide range of free-standing, relocatable prefabricated hazardous material storage buildings to meet any facility’s need. Structures available include:
- Non-combustible steel construction – Designed to store flammable or combustible liquids and other hazardous materials, these structures feature exterior weatherproof unitized non-combustible steel construction made with welded structural and heavy-gauge steel sheets.
- Two-hour fire-rated uni-directional – These structures are designed to store flammable, combustible, corrosive and poisonous materials and incorporate weatherproof two-hour fire-rated non-combustible heavy-gauge steel construction. The design includes layers of UL-Classified fire-resistant gypsum wallboard between the exterior steel and interior galvannealed steel sheets.
- Two-hour fire-rated bi-directional – This model safely contains drums, compressed gas cylinders, bottles and other hazardous material containers. It features weatherproof bi-directional two-hour fire-rated non-combustible heavy-gauge steel construction and includes layers of fire-resistant gypsum wallboard, insulation and galvannealed interior and exterior steel sheets. The structure meets UL Fire Resistance Rating U425.
- Four-hour fire-rated bi-directional – This structure is designed to contain drums, totes, compressed gas cylinders, bottles or other hazardous material containers when they must be stored very close to other buildings or within a larger structure. It meets UL Fire Resistance Rating U490 and features bi-directional four-hour fire-rated non-combustible heavy-gauge steel construction with insulation and two layers of UL-Classified Ultracode fire-resistant gypsum wallboard. Exterior surfaces are made of corrosion-resistant galvannealed steel sheets.
Additional standard features
All prefabricated hazardous material storage buildings we offer also come with the following features:
- Screened air inlet vents with UL-Classified three-hour fire-rated dampers.
- Open channel building base to allow for under-building inspections and for forklift and crane sling transit.
- Internal spill containment capacity of 30 percent of the total storage capacity.
- Hold-down brackets to bolt structures to foundations to resist seismic and wind loads.
- Static ground system including an exterior grounding connection, grounding rod, copper conductor and grounding lugs.
- DOT hazard placard.
All buildings are Factory Mutual-approved and labeled and meet all state and municipal building code requirements.
Customize your prefabricated hazardous material storage building
We know one size doesn’t fit all. That’s why we offer customization options for customers whose unique hazardous material storage needs require individual solutions.
Using modular construction, we build units up to ten feet tall and offer widths of 6 – 14 feet in two-foot increments. We can also vary the lengths of your structure, starting at 8 feet long and topping out at 52 feet, also in two-foot increments.
Optional temperature control systems and explosion relief vents that comply with NFPA 68 are also available on all US Coatings prefabricated hazardous material storage buildings.
Request a consultation
If you’re facing a hazardous material storage requirement, we want to guide you to the solution that best fits your need. Let’s talk — together, we’ll identify the building and accessories that ensure your hazardous materials are kept secure and your personnel and assets are protected.